December 27th - White River Rafting with the GUiLD!!
I told my mom we were having a “surprise party for Yagi” since he will be leaving for Japan. And, I also told her that he will be celebrating his birthday on January. Then we somewhat surprise him since we will miss him. Blah blah blah.. yadah yadah yadah….
So, my friends took me at my house at 4am. Yagi was driving the van when they took me. Thank goodness! My mom didn’t watch me entering the van. She might know that I’m lying. (sssssssh… this will be our little secret..)
Anyways, the group will be having a party! (Not the typical party). We’ll have a party on an online game. So we reserved 8 PCs in a Net Café so that we can Boss hunt! After that, we ordered breakfast at Dunkin. Then we’re on our way to our River Rafting Guides.
Rafting!!! The most awaited event of the year!!! Goodness!!! Everyone was excited. Everyone was excited to jump from the bridge to the river!!! Oh yeah!! Kidding! Actually, everyone was so curios what is it like when you jump to the river. Some were excited to jump. Most of us were scared to jump. Some wants not to jump. I don’t want to jump. I have fear on heights. No matter how I keep on deceiving myself that im not scared of it, it still wouldn’t help me. The more I look down from the bridge, the more im scared. Oh men!! I did already swear that I wouldn’t jump from that bridge anymore. It was about two floors tall. And God knows what I felt the first time I jumped from that same bridge. At that time, I was preparing myself to die. It was like “oh no! mamatay nako mamatay nako!” Yeah Really! I keep on repeating that phrase over and over again. Then until I floated, I said “hay! Buhi pa ko!” LOLs! Trust me! It was really great! Then it’s my second time to jump again. And no! I wouldn’t jump again. But then I think of it again. The rafting experience wouldn’t be complete without the bridge jumping. And I would be regretting for the rest of my life if I wouldn’t do it. So I did jump! And I cant remember what I felt while I was on the air. Probably, my brain was not working well at that certain moment. Then Bam!! I was still alive! Oh yeah!!! Success baby!!! Some of my friends did jump twice. (alvie, levon and yagi) and yeah!!! It was fun!! Extremely fun!
Then after that bridge jumping, the actual rafting starts. Me, Levon and Joseph were in the same raft. Alvie, Yagi and Shark were in the other raft. And, Candy, Cyrus and Bert were on the 3rd raft. The first raft to flip was shark’s group. It did flip on the second rapid. They were in front of me when they flipped out. It was like… oh sh*t! Where’s Alvie?? I was really worried when she was far from the group. She was the only girl on the group. Then, the guides took her and she’s safe. Whew! All of them were OK. Thank Goodness! Though, shark did have two scratches on his left feet.
Our group didn’t want to flip. For us, rafting is like a race. Balancing is our game here. We don’t want to flip. If you flip, then you will lose the race.
The second group to flip was Candy’s group. It did flip on the 7th rapid. The 7th rapid was the most terrible rapid. It’s like a washing machine. The water is like eating you. And bumping to sharp rocks will be the most horrible thing that will happen to you. The instruction was to let go the raft when it did flip, but candy didn’t let go on it. She even attempted to shout. So what happened, she swallowed two bags full of water (mixed with berts urine). LoLs. Cyrus was smiling. He was happy that their raft flipped. Then the guide took them to the raft and they’re all safe.
Our group was like regretting that we didn’t flipped. We already went through the most terrible rapids. And there’s no other way that our raft will flip on the following rapids.
Grrrr… So what we did, Levon and I tried the yellow body board that the guides were using. It’s was fun particularly when we went to different rapids using the yellow body board.
Oh well! We’re already on the finish line… the 900 pesos is over.
So we ate lunch together. Goodness!!! Everyone was talking about flipping. Levon and I regretted that our raft didn’t flip. Joseph was satisfied that our raft didn’t flip. Oh well! I already experienced being flipped. So maybe I was ok.
After that, we slept at Levon’s room (ooooh! what we’re you thinking). (Levon, Cyrus, Candy and Me) They were really tired. They were like snoring. I wasn’t tired. I still want to have fun because after this, I will be leaving for Cebu. Maybe, my body was fully prepared for that event. I also had enough sleep so I wasn’t tired. But the whole experience?? It was unexplainable!!! It was extremely fun!!!
But before I end this post, let me thank shark (Dan) for paying all the expenses. Thank you kaayo. We really had fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home